Wicca Online Community For Pagans and Wiccans

Long before I began looking towards a pagan path (which has been only recently so this is a given), I have dealt with various spiritual anomalies that I've not always been able to give names to. Some I can give names to but cannot currently discern their significance from a pagan perspective. I figured what better way to get started on the right path to discovering what such anomalies I've experienced than to crowd-source the internet?

To be quite clear, only recently deciding to walk the path of Wicca, in the past I've dealt with a variety of pagans, from Wiccans to practitioners of older witchcraft traditions, all whom have provoked various anomalies in my life that I am not sure as to what mean, or if they were real at all and just the creation of an imaginative  mind.

The first thing I'd like to discuss, which most often pervades my life, is more of a gift than anything. I'm not for sure entirely how to classify it, but it is similar to empathy in which one can read and feel the emotions of those around them, but for me in particular it is concentrated to atmospheres. To clarify, I can feel energies very deeply in my surroundings, and these energies often hang in the air itself, or the "atmosphere." The most powerful this gift has ever been was in New Orleans on a stroll down Bourbon street. The air itself felt sick and vile, weighing down on me like leaden clothing you wear for x-rays, but I could not discern the energies of the people themselves. What is this sort of thing, and does it have a name? Or is it more just a sensitivity to a certain type of energy? 

The next phenomenon is referred to commonly by scholars and theologists as "Glossolalia" or the speaking in languages that are not one's own. The most infamous notion of this is the Christian practice of tongue-speaking. I have not identified as Christian in a long time, having cast away that belief system after my very soul told me to seek elsewhere, but the practice of allowing one's tongue to speak, to pray even, without my own accord, has not wanted to leave me. So for some time now I've begun to think it is a mechanism imagined by my own mind to fit into a religious practice, or if it is something more or even different than what a Christian church may believe it to be. Is there any Wiccan (or other Pagan) explanation for this phenomenon? If not, I believe I may be making myself crazy, which is far too much of a sobering thought.

Lastly, and this is strange as in it happens anytime I interact with practitioners of some sort of witchcraft, I apparently harbor a very chaotic energy within me. A friend of mine who used to read auras but lost the ability due to circumstances I am not privy to told me that my aura is constantly all over the place, while another friend referred to it as a shade of orange he had never seen before. A male witch that I used to flirt with routinely casts spells in order to cleanse his emotions because as an empath he was often overwhelmed with other's negative emotions, however while tending to his candles for one of these spells he took a brief moment to reach to me to discern my own emotions, quickly to cancel his own spell claiming that my energy was not something he'd want to interfere with his craft. Other situations like these have presented themselves, having complete strangers coming up to me and comment on this sort of wild energy I apparently have.

Is this something I need to worry of, and can you give me any reasons as to why my energy is apparently so capricious? I have heard that it may because of the emotions I harbor and bury, others have mused that maybe I don't use it enough and that it is antsy to do something (commenting on my laziness). It haunts me constantly and I'm constantly meditating on possible answers.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I get where your coming from, firstly the empathy to atmospheres correlate to the idea that people omit an emotional fog In terms of individual and like minded groups in relation to their belief systems, and emotions in relation to their beliefs and experiences, so the best name I've come across on this is emotional fog.

Speaking tongues, no idea, I know it's practiced in Christianity, though I suspect the phenomena of tongues, possibly predates Christianity. There are others on WT who would defiantly know the origins of tongues.

As for wild energy it could reflect scattered energy's, in other words trying to focus on many different things and not really getting far with any of the things being focused on as the energy is to scattered.

I would suggest prioritising what you think has most value to you first, hone you focus on maybe two or three things so you can put more energy into what you are focused on at any one time, if you friend says your Aura is all over the place I would say it's symbolic of scattered energy. 

Sounds like you're someone who, like many other people, is strongly psychically sensitive, but doesn't have experience in grounding or centering to control their own energy. I recommend looking up some grounding and centering techniques, and practicing those. Shielding, too, is very useful for those who find themselves overly-affected by the energies they sense.

See the thing is nobody has to be present for me to be able to read the air. 
Eric firehorse said:

I think I get where your coming from, firstly the empathy to atmospheres correlate to the idea that people omit an emotional fog In terms of individual and like minded groups in relation to their belief systems, and emotions in relation to their beliefs and experiences, so the best name I've come across on this is emotional fog.

Well there are several planes of existence, it could be your tuning into more subtle plane, other than just the physical one, also with so called emotional fog which people give off whether they realise t or not, it  can hang around in the atmosphere long after the person gone, I wouldn't worry about it treat it like a gift learn more about it, and as bad seed said look into grounding, cantering and shielding which is a cloak of insulation. 

Robby D. Gray said:

See the thing is nobody has to be present for me to be able to read the air. 
Eric firehorse said:

I'm an 'air reader' (love this term, never heard it before) so I know what you mean. Energy for me 'blankets' the air around me, like soft, but I can *feel* it. luckily I have yet to experience really bad energy but I have no way of stopping it, I'm sorry, and as I've always done it it's part of me and I have never thought of even trying to stop it. It just happens and I start 'reading' lol.

I don't wanna stop it I just wondered what it was 
To7m said:

I'm an 'air reader' (love this term, never heard it before) so I know what you mean. Energy for me 'blankets' the air around me, like soft, but I can *feel* it. luckily I have yet to experience really bad energy but I have no way of stopping it, I'm sorry, and as I've always done it it's part of me and I have never thought of even trying to stop it. It just happens and I start 'reading' lol.
Sensitivity to energy is nothing new among Pagan folks, being one of the first exercises that most students will encounter. Usually they're focusing on their own energies or that of an object, but it's no surprise that you're sensitivity to your environment is happening. Awareness follows attention, so you're focus on and awareness of the area around you lends to an increased sensitivity to the energies.

As for glossolalia, if your head focuses more on expression than statement (such as mine does), the actual verbiage used to express the concept or feeling that inspired you to say SOMETHING is usually the root of random languages filling in the holes. Have gotten weird, and shocked, looks from the occasional person who understands whatever I'd just said before. So no worries.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please Like Us

Online Now

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service