Wicca Online Community For Pagans and Wiccans

Someone asked me once or twice or maybe three times, who is Jesus to me then? My answer is this, I think Jesus was a fine guy. It would have taken a very strong guy to go against the powerful religious leaders of that and all while being occupied by an invading country. He must have been very magnetic to bring oppressed people together like that. Now, with that said. I don't worship him and I don't think he was a supernatural person. I think all of that stuff came long after he lived and it had a lot to do with the changing political tide of that day.

Do I think its wrong to worship Jesus, no. If it works for you and your happy, then it is right. The hard part is getting others to give me the same leeway about my beliefs and how I choose to "worship' As for Jesus, I will always respect him or any of the many others who stood up in oppressive times and fought what was right and struggled to help the masses

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@hilde, Celtic beliefs, from my readings, associated water with the underworld and the dwelling place of the dead. Submersion in water and resurfacing would be analogous to being reborn.

Wells were considered holy sites because of the access to water and many of the great churches built with stolen gold from murdered Incans were placed on top of ancient holy wells as a way to '"build a bridge" to the pagan followers.

In Neo Druidry, Trees are seen as bridges who's roots reach into the water of the underworld, with trunks on our earth earn plane, and branches which reach into the sky towards the realm of the God's.
*our earthen plane*

The Neo Druid symbology is based on multiple tales where am oath is made to "Sea, Stone and Sky"

Thanks Tom that was interesting, I think generally water was been seen to have the power of purification/rebirth in the ancient world.

The Egyptians baptised their dead, their Pharaohs and their newborns, personally I think this practice, which was associated with the myth of Osiris, is the origin of Xtrian baptism.

Tom said:

@hilde, Celtic beliefs, from my readings, associated water with the underworld and the dwelling place of the dead. Submersion in water and resurfacing would be analogous to being reborn.

Wells were considered holy sites because of the access to water and many of the great churches built with stolen gold from murdered Incans were placed on top of ancient holy wells as a way to '"build a bridge" to the pagan followers.

In Neo Druidry, Trees are seen as bridges who's roots reach into the water of the underworld, with trunks on our earth earn plane, and branches which reach into the sky towards the realm of the God's.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please Like Us

Online Now

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service