Wicca Online Community For Pagans and Wiccans

Thank you for your response Vinnie! I have the questionaire filled out below:

1.) Please briefly give a general description of yourself and your background, including your religious upbringing, when you were born, and the area(s) in which you grew up.

I am Black, 5'4", 110 lbs with glasses and black (brown?) hair. I have grown up in a Baptist school for my primary school years and I now attend a catholic high school. My family practices nondenominational Christianity. I am a Libra born in the year of the tiger. I grew up in Colorado.

2.) When and how did you become interested in Paganism/Witchcraft/Wicca?

I was browsing through the news and I came across an article about a witch coven that turned out for the Women's March this year. I have heard of witches, sure the Salem trials. But I had no idea how real it all was. All I had ever know about "magic" was considered black magick, not to mention the religion of my parents condemned witchcraft. I fell out with Christianity over time. I couldn't stand Catholicism, I had to take a course on the theories and I said "Hell no." then just little things began to bug me until I just stopped associating with it altogether. Anyhow, the more i researched about Wicca specifically, the more curious I became. I began to read Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft and I have been intrigued ever since. At first I wasn't too keen on magick, but the more I have read the book the more I have become open to it. I embrace it.

3.) What books have you read which pertain to Paganism/Witchcraft/Wicca?

I kind of answered this already in the previous question, but I was given a complete list of resources that would just be way too lengthy. But for the most part I have stuck to Buckland's Book.

4.) Have you ever participated in a study group or coven, or attended any classes or workshops on Paganism/Witchcraft/Wicca? If so, where and when?

I have not.

5.) If you have been in a group, what did they do? What was the emphasis of the group work? What were the basic tenets of the group?

N/A

6.) What kinds of group are you looking for? What kind of coven structure do you think would feel most comfortable learning in? Celebrating with? Some components to think about are:

-- Structured or non-structured?
-- What type of Wicca: Gardnerian, Alexandrian, Dianic, Celtic, Faerie, Shamanic, Druidic, Strega, etc.?
-- A balance between the Goddess and the God, or completely Goddess-focused? Pantheon focused?
-- A larger or smaller group? How many people do you want to work with?
-- Please mention any other aspects you find important.

I am open to but structured and non-structured, I want to experience both before I truly settle on a preference. I originally liked structured, but for my needs I am not sure it would essentially fit. Structure was one of the factors that drove me away from the religion of my family in the first place. Ahhh, when I think of the types of Wicca, I get so intimidated. I am still researching the different types and any resources to help ease this task would be GREATLY appreciated. I know the most about Gardnerian Wicca, though. I do like balance between Goddess and God, but I identify more with Goddess, if that makes any sense. I believe so much in the Mother of the Earth. I also believe there is more than just one that controls everything. I guess the best way to describe it all is a Goddess-led pantheon. I am better with smaller groups, like fairly small groups, especially because I tend to shy away from too large of groups. At the end of the day, I believe that humans are good creatures and the only rule of the world is to not harm others, spiritually, physically, mentally, etc.

7.) How open have you been about your interest in Paganism/Witchcraft/Wicca with your family and friends? How have they reacted to it?

Ehhhh... I told my best friend and she was on the fence (which I completely understood because her aunt had practiced black magick). Now, everyone else in my family will most likely never know. As far as I know, I am taking it to the grave. I don't want to hear it at all. I have come to learn that they don't need to know everything as long as no one is in danger.

8.) What sort of time commitment are you willing to make for classes and ritual? For meditation and personal work at home?

I try the best I can. I juggle school and work along with other school activities, so I carve out time when I can. On breaks I am a lot more stable, but until then, I don't essentially have set times and such. I do what I can.

9.) What do you feel Paganism/Witchcraft/Wicca has to offer you?

I have always felt something in my heart, coursing through my veins. I want to unlock my spirituality. There is something inside. Based off the history I have so far read about witchcraft, it all makes sense, the connection between wo/man and the earth. I want to explore it a bit more. Honestly, I don't know how to essentially put into words what I feel and am looking to find, but essentially it can be summed up as so: humans unlock only so many aspects of the mind, such as the sense when one knows when someone is looking at them just by feeling it. I believe there are more complex aspects of humans that are not focused on at all, let alone discovered and unlocked, like magick.

10.) What do you think your strongest and weakest characteristics are? What do you feel you have to offer as a member of a coven?

My strongest characteristic is my charisma and my weakest is my lack of organization.

11.) What aspects of the Craft are you most interested in? What do you find interests you least?

I am interested in the natural aspect, as well as the magick. Like I said, it is growing on me a lot. I am feeling a connection to kitchen witchcraft, but I can't say for sure yet, it is too soon to say exactly.

12.) Please describe a typical day in your life.
Oh dear. So I usually attend school from 8-2:45, waking up at 5:15-30 (-ish) and not leaving school till about 4. I come home,take a nap, eat dinner, and do homework until about 10-11 and either stay up till 12 on my phone or I go to sleep. Nights like these I am usually up writing, be it a forum post or whatever the hell else is on my mind, typed or written out. On the weekends, I work either in the afternoon or in the evening on Saturdays and Sundays. I hate working evenings, I don't get home until 9-10 on a good night. I am a hostess at a restaurant, by the way. I try to do homework after or before work but most times I end up doing it at school before class the day it's due. I procrastinate a decent amount, but I am much better about it this year than last year. So I average out about 5-6 hours of sleep and somehow I am still alive. This is why I am so slow to reply. I try.

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure why this was posted for everyone to read - I read it to the end trying to work that out and it kind of feels like reading someone's private coven application .....BUT having read it Ashana, I couldn't help but like You, Your frankness and Your sincerity :-) and wish you all the very best on this Path or any other you follow!  James

It was posted for everyone to read to let the teachers in the group look at it at their leisure.  Several years ago, we came up with this general questionnaire to let Seekers connect to potential teachers and asked folks to post their own threads with their answers. That way, we don't have one cluttered thread with people asking "was that response for me?".  :-). Our coven questionnaire is more specific.

James Mejnour said:

I'm not sure why this was posted for everyone to read - I read it to the end trying to work that out and it kind of feels like reading someone's private coven application .....BUT having read it Ashana, I couldn't help but like You, Your frankness and Your sincerity :-) and wish you all the very best on this Path or any other you follow!  James

Ashana,

Great answers.  There are several groups on Facebook that are specifically for seekers interested in Alexandrian and/or Gardnerian. If you would like to send me a message, I can send you links to those groups.  Also, would you like me to share this with some reputable folks who might be accepting students?  I can't promise anything other than attempting to find a contact.  BB,  ---Vinnie

Arsenic & Old Lace-Vinnie Russo said:

It was posted for everyone to read to let the teachers in the group look at it at their leisure.  Several years ago, we came up with this general questionnaire to let Seekers connect to potential teachers and asked folks to post their own threads with their answers. That way, we don't have one cluttered thread with people asking "was that response for me?".  :-). Our coven questionnaire is more specific.

James Mejnour said:

Thanks for the clarification Vinnie, it's a great idea. BB, James

Thank you, James!

James Mejnour said:

RSS

Please Like Us

Online Now

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service